Fettuccine is great to cook with, I often use it so, I thought it would be cool to share a few recipes
Fettuccine with butter and cheese
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (2 cups), plus extra for serving
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces
1. Bring 3 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to pot.
2. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano, butter, reserved cooking water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the pot. Set pot over low heat and, using tongs, toss and stir vigorously to thoroughly combine, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let the pasta sit for 1 minute.
3. Toss pasta vigorously once more so sauce thoroughly coats pasta and any cheese clumps are emulsified into the sauce, about 30 seconds. (Mixture may look wet at this point, but the pasta will absorb excess moisture as it cools slightly.) Season with salt to taste.
4. Transfer pasta to individual bowls. (Use rubber spatula as needed to remove any clumps of cheese stuck to tongs and bottom of the pot.) Serve immediately, passing extra Parmigiano-Reggiano separately.
- 24 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Serve immediately.
Lemon Chicken Fettuccine
- 8- ounces Fettuccine, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 3 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-pint sweet grape tomatoes halved
- 1 package (8-ounces) mushroom slices
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add cubed chicken pieces.
Season with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
Add halved grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and parsley; frequently stirring, continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Add cooked fettuccine to chicken mixture and cook until heated through, stirring frequently.
In a mixing bowl or a jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; shake it or stir it until thoroughly mixed.
Stir into pasta mixture.
Remove from heat.
Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Fettuccine 4 Ways
Shrimp Fajita Fettuccine
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Fettuccine
Tomato Broccoli Pesto Fettuccine
Chicken Bacon Florentine Fettuccine
I like the design of these cute recipe cards! You can download this free printable recipe card at Paper Squid.
Aren’t these nice? Plus, free Pastel Chevron Recipe Cards by Prepared Housewives.
We would really appreciate a quick productive comment on this blog. It really makes us feel good and is our motivation to continue.
Keywebco has many stores, all have different promotions. Almost all have free shipping. All are good value.