Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus
1 pound medium asparagus
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
10 ounces mixed spring lettuces
One 1 1/2-ounce piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into curls with a vegetable peeler
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for about 8 minutes, until just tender and the tips begin to turn brown.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard and the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Arrange the salad on plates and top with the roasted asparagus and cheese curls. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the asparagus and serve.
ARUGULA SPRING SALAD
- 1 cup asparagus spears, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Place asparagus and peas into a small skillet or saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until asparagus are bright green, about 1 minute. Immediately remove from heat, drain, and place asparagus and peas into an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Let cool and drain.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled asparagus and peas, arugula, radishes, mint, and pistachios.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Shaved asparagus salad with oranges and goat cheese
A fresh and delicious asparagus orange salad with goat cheese and parsley is the perfect side dish to transition into spring. (vegetarian, gluten-free)
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 1 large or 2 small navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled*
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Coarse salt
- Shave asparagus into ribbons: Hold onto the base of one asparagus stalk. Place a Y-peeler about 2 inches from the base and slide toward the tip. Repeat, rotating the asparagus 90 degrees each time you cut, until the whole stalk has been cut into ribbons. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Discard woody ends.
- Place asparagus ribbons on a serving platter. Top with orange segments, crumbled goat cheese, and parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and coarse salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Take your fresh salads to the next level by adding a zesty dressing, as well as seasonal fruits and veggies.
1.) Tomato, Cucumber, and Red Onion Salad with Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette 2.) Blueberry and Spinach Salad with Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette 3.) Spring Pasta Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette 4.) Sugar Snap Peas with Creamy Yogurt Mint Dressing
Save These Video Recipes: https://taste.md/2n67d5W